Wednesday 11 March 2015

Guest Designer: Ujjwal Gupta - A gorgeous Layout

Hi Friends

It's Manu here and I'm so happy to have Ujjwal back here today, being featured as our guest designer!! I'm sure you all know her and she is someone who needs no introduction. She is an amazing craftser and is definitely a very versatile one!!! And that not all, throughout this whole month we will continue getting a lot more inspired for we have more inspirations for you! 

Before I ask Ujjwal to take over, I hope you are enjoying Lulupu's 3rd Birthday bash celebrations and do make sure to check out all about the celebrations here and do not forget to follow all the guidelines to be eligible for your entry into the bumper raffle draw.  The Challenge for this month is 


Lets checkout what Ujjwal has in store for us



Hello, It is good to be celebrating Lulupu’s third birthday here on the blog. I was quite excited when Karuna invited me over for the guest post because, one, of course it’s a birthday party and who says no to a party and, two, we have a fabulous mood board to take inspiration from. I love mood boards!!

So I picked up some lovely colors from the mood board and took this opportunity to create a layout with one of my daughter’s pictures.




I took the following from the mood board
Techniques: Distress look (I distressed the edges of the base paper), Layering
Materials: Strings
Embellishments: Flowers
Shapes: Rectangle
Colors: pink, green, blue

And I have a whole lot of 3 going on, 3 pieces of doily, 3 flowers, 3 strings



I started of by distressing the edges of the pattern paper and adhering it to a cardstock. Then I layered the photo on a distress piece of cardstock and adhered in place using foam adhesive. Then I pulled together the embellishments and played around a bit till I was satisfied with the arrangement and adhered everything in place. I die-cut some flowers using Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret Die and lightly inked them with distress ink (Spun Sugar). I kept it quite simple as that is how I like it.

I hope you like it and play along the wonderful challenge this month!


Wow, what a pretty project Ujjwal. I loved it for being simple yet striking!! 
I hope you all loved the layout and yes, do not forget to take part in the celebrations !! Come join us in the fun!!

Hugs!
Manu



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful distressed layout Ujjwal!It compliments the photo so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout...and very beautifully executed ...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout Ujjwal! Love all the elements of the moodboard you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful distressed LO, lovely combo of each 3 elements and beautiful pic of your cute daughter, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely layout. Like the way you've brought together delicate butterflies and lace with the distressed background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cool layout! The colors used are lovely and loved the texture background Ujjwal! A sweet pic too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Ujjwal!! I loved the old grunge look the background paper has! Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.